
I am not sure why, but I am such a sucker for babies. Whether I am seeing them in the mall, on campus, on pictures in Facebook, or even in magazines, I feel like I go a little crazy and start to "goo" like I am a baby myself! I know that any guy would make fun of me, but there is something inside of me that just wants to reach out and kiss all the little babies I see. It is actually kind of embarrassing because it doesn't matter what I am doing at the time, if I see a small baby I will literally stop walking or talking to look at them. I don't mean to seem like a weirdo, but I just feel that babies are miracles, and so who wouldn't want to admire such pure, innocent beings who have just recently left God's presence.
In my opinion, there can be no greater happiness than to experience holding a newborn baby, especially when they are related to you in some way. Some of my most calm and peaceful moments I have experienced in the last several years of my life have been when I have had the opportunity to hold a niece or nephew in my arms. My stress is usually forgotten for the moment, and since I experience almost constant anxiety and stress this is truly a blessing and a miracle in my life.
Someday I hope to have the opportunity of having and holding my own children. I cannot even imagine the joy that will bring to me, but what I do know is I believe that there can be no greater call than to be a mother. I have no idea if that blessing will be mine in this life, but what I do know is that despite there being no guarantees, I still feel blessed to be a mother in my own way, especially when it comes to being around my nephews and niece. I can make a difference there too.
It makes me happy just to write about it.
Another miracle . . .
What a beautiful perspective. I had never thought of it that way.
ReplyDelete