Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Happy New Year! (Finally)

(My whole family while I was in AZ--minus my sister Edie and her husband and kids and my brother Jonny)

I have had a hard time trying to figure out what to write about lately. When I was at home for Christmas break I thought I would write this amazing blog detailing all my amazingly fun activities in Arizona, but I got too caught up in the bliss that comes with laziness. I also toyed with the idea with erasing my blog, but the only reason I was going to do this was due to my own sense of imperfection in writing my blog. This is pretty funny to me since I did not set out to write a "perfect blog," but my perfectionism seems to creep up everywhere!

I am right now in the beginning of my LAST semester at BYU, and I can't really believe it. Life has been going at a crazy speed lately, and I am not sure if I am ready for all the changes that are coming my way, but ready or not they will come.

One of the classes I am taking is a leadership development psychology class and in this class we have to make goals to increase our leadership skills. I have decided to focus on increasing my self-confidence and so I will be working on doing things I know I am good at every day, and then utilizing some cognitive-behavioral-therapy skills (i.e. thought monitoring, increasing positive statements) to help get my mind to not automatically think negatively about my own abilities. I am excited to work on this goal because I think improving in this area will help out in many areas of my life.

2010 will be an interesting year. Here are just a few of the BIG events happening:

1. I graduate from BYU in April! (Now that's pretty amazing)
2. My brother David and his wife Adrienne are expecting their 6TH child in May
* & my oldest (and only) niece Megan turns 10 in March . . . hard to believe
3. My sister Edie is expecting her third child due in July!
4. My dear brother Jonny (Elder Dangerfield) returns from his 2-year church mission in June
5. My Dad turns 60 in July

1 comment:

  1. I am sad that we missed out with the family holiday bash in AZ, but hey this is a new year right, and many exciting things are happening this year in the Dangerfield clan, so maybe there will be more opportunities for all of us to get together :) :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete