
"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
--Alan Cohen
Ever since I graduated and moved back home to Arizona I have thought a lot about the concept of change and how the "hellos" and "goodbyes" in my life, although numerous and constant, never seem to get easier for me to endure. I have tried to find comfort and peace in my faith and in my knowledge that I was meant to come home, at least for a few months. However, my efforts to accept the changes in my life have proven more difficult than I anticipated and I have yet to accept them. What I do know is that in order for me to move forward in my new life I must "embrace the new" in my life, as this quote suggests. I just hope that time will heal all of the "pains" I am currently enduring as I seek to find meaning in life without school.
Thinking about you ...
ReplyDelete"Meaning" ... an interesting subject.
We who are blessed (or cursed?) to not list "survival" as our primary day-to-day concern can think about things like "meaning" and I have done so a lot myself.
I recommend 2 books (that you may have already read because you're the one with the degree):
1) "Man's Search For Meaning" by Victor Frankl
2) "As A Man Thinketh" by James Allen
Change is definately hard! I had a really hard time after I got done with school! I still am. I miss those times but try and embrace the change with the help of the spirit. I think the Book of Mormon is full of those changes and examples of how to combat them.
ReplyDeleteI love when the Savior appears to the nephites and after all of the distruction and things that are going on he tells them..." I know my sheep". I know its a common saying but it really is so simple. He knows us and will help us.
Hang in there and enjoy the scenery!
Stay in touch!
I'm with you on this one. I feel like calling you and we can both sit and cry together and then hopefully move on afterward. The after college change was really hard on me, too. I'll be in touch soon. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteTRUE... There is nothing as constant as change. I try to remember eternal things like faith, family and truth. I love the hymn which ends with these words: "Change and decay... all around I see. O God, who changest not, abide with me."
ReplyDeleteYou're in my thoughts and prayers! Change is so hard! Its a good thing Heavenly Father is always constant!
ReplyDeleteHeart you mucho mucho. :)