Saturday, July 25, 2009

4th of July

I was brave and got up at six am to see the hot-air balloons get blown up. It was really neat to watch. I just wish I could have convinced someone to go with me. No one else wanted to wake up so early.

I also saw the parade that conveniently went right past my apartment on University Ave. The bad part was that hundreds of people camped out overnight on my street to get good seats and it was pretty loud all night. This is the view from my bedroom window looking at all the insanity. Notice the port-a-potties in the lower-right of the pic. Gross!

Me and my roommate Susan made an American flag made out of cupcakes. They were totally homemade and were absolutely delicious! I was so proud to be able to present the "flag" to our BBQ. It was a hit. Thanks Susan!

Here is the chef, Alan. He made some amazing burgers.

A bunch of us from our ward went and watched fireworks across the street from the football stadium where the Jonas Brothers were playing. It was funny to hear the screams of thousands of teenage girls every once and awhile. The fireworks were pretty cool too.

This is me and my new friend Nicole. I love her so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment