Saturday, July 25, 2009

A Visit from David

At the end of June my brother David and four of his kids (Megan, Matthew, Truman, and Henry) came to visit me at BYU. They were in town for a funeral and luckily were able to come and see me for lunch. It was wonderful to be able to spend time with them

One of the stops we made on our "mini tour" of BYU was the library. The kids were amazed at how big it was and especially enjoyed looking at the books in the juvenile section on the 4th floor.

I caught Matthew doing what he loves best . . . reading. He sure was interested in this book.

I love this picture of David and little Henry. We all ate lunch in the Terrace at the Wilkinson Center. I loved watching everyone share. They are all so cute!

We briefly visited the famous BYU Bookstore. While in the bottom floor Matthew and Truman got interested in the display of crazy pens. They really wanted one, but I ended up buying all the kids a patriotic pencil for 19 cents. They loved it! I like how easy it is to make kids happy.


Finally, all of us took a peak at the practice rooms down in the basement of the Harris Fine Art Center. David wanted his kids to see where their mother spent the majority of her college career and how small the space was. All of the kids had fun playing on the piano, as is seen in this picture with Megan.


No comments:

Post a Comment