Life has been sort of insane since summer term started a little over a month ago. I have been busier than I have been in a long time, as far as school goes, and it surprised me a bit. I feel kind of silly that I picked such difficult and time-consuming classes for a shortened term, but I can't go back now.
Despite the difficulty, both academically and emotionally, I have managed to cope well and have still made time for social outings on occasion. For example, last week I went and saw Harry Potter 6 with a few friends on opening day. It was tons of fun, especially since I ended up dressing up. And even though I ended up looking like "a hot version of Moaning Myrtle," according to my roommate Susan, it was still exciting to do something so random. What was especially exciting was Susan outdid herself and made Harry Potter themed treats such as licorice wands, chocolate frogs, and pumpkin pasties . . . they were delicious!
Life sure is crazy, but that is what makes it so much fun. Who would really want to know what would happen in their life? It may sound tempting to know what exactly what will happen tomorrow or the next day, but I believe that even though those "surprises" can be devastating at times, many times they are wonderful and beautiful.
I believe Lehi said it best when he stated:
"For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things. If not so . . . righteousness could not be brought to pass, neither wickedness, neither holiness nor misery, neither good nor bad."
2 Nephi 2:11
2 Nephi 2:11
THanks Julie for sharing. I needed to here that
ReplyDelete